Sleep apnea is a sleeping disorder that frequently causes breathing to stop and start while one sleeps. Science states that the human world consists of several varieties of this sleeping disorder. However, the most prominent example is the obstructive sleep apnea.
Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when intermittently our throat muscle relaxes blocking the airway while sleeping. A remarkable example of sleep apnea is ‘snoring.’
There are variants of treatment that professionals offer the needy. Such a situation often comes up with a treatment where the doctor uses a device that implements positive pressure that helps to keep the airway open while one sleeps. Another great treatment includes a mouthpiece which the experts thrust into the lower jaw forward while one sleeps. However, surgery is the ultimate option to get rid of the situation permanently.
Sleep Apnea: Symptoms To Pay Attention
People going through this disorder might witness several situations. However, due to lack of knowledge regarding the same lead them to ignore this disorder. So, I am here with the points that you need to pay attention to if you are actually facing any condition as such.
- One might experience excessive day time sleepiness.
- Another prominent symptom is loud snoring.
- There might be situations where one might also go through a series of stopped breathing during sleeping.
- One can also experience abrupt waking up that is accompanied by choking or gasping.
- Many wake up with a sore throat or a dry mouth.
- Several others in fact experience morning headache in sleep apnea.
- Additionally, many are there who faces difficulty concentrating during the day time.
- You can also go through mood swings that can transform from depression to severe irritability.
- People with sleep apnea can also experience high blood pressure with night time sweating.
- Additionally, there will be a significant decrease in libido.
When You Need To Visit Your Doctor
Visit your doctor once you witness the following changes in your health.
- If you snore enough to disturb the others around along with yours as well, you are severely affected by this disorder.
- If you find yourself frequently waking up to gasping or choking, then it is time to consult a professional.
- If you experience intermittent disruptions in your breathing while you sleep, it is time to talk to a doctor.
- And lastly, if you go through the extreme limit of drowsiness that may make you fall asleep while you work or drive a car, talk to an expert.
The majority of the people consider snoring is a sign of being extremely tired, additionally, there are many who do not snore. However, both of these categories may actually have sleep apnea.
Observe whether your snoring is loud while maintaining a pause from time to time. If one has obstructive sleep apnea they are sure to snore the loudest while sleeping on their back. As you turn sidewise the sound faints.
Talk to the professional regarding your issue in detail leaving no points behind. Since with prolonged ignorance of the situation you are harming your health pretty significantly.
Well, this is all about sleep apnea. If you find yourself going through such a condition, make sure you call for an appointment as soon as you can. Additionally, do not ignore the circumstances, this might actually damage your health to a great extent.